Difference between Cookery and Hospitality courses.

Read this FAQ to understand -

What’s the major difference between cookery and hospitality management? 


Ans. I guess both are catering the cookery people are catering to their stomach and the hospitality people are catering to their accommodation really that's what it is so I mean when you look at tourism and hospitality and stuff like that basically you're catering to the human needs to be well fed and also to be well accommodated so that's really what it is from a migration perspective and from a long-term perspective chefs of which is the cookery people are in our long term skill shortage area it's the reason for that as I also keep stating in a lot of my videos is because New Zealand depends on tourism quite a lot tourism is our largest industry and we get millions of tourists every year so all these hungry traveling tourists need to be fed because they need to be fed we need a lot of good food and we need different kinds of cook because we are getting people from different the world who would like to eat that kind of cuisine so that's the reason there is always a demand for chefs in New Zealand not to mention that the fact is that is also a demand for hospitality workers as well but it is not in the long term skill shortage list as against chefs so if you have to choose between cookery and hospitality I would say go with cookery but please bear in mind that cookery is like an art form so don't take it unless and until you have a genuine and honest and serious interest in it because cooking is like an art form and so you can't just jump it jump into it for the heck of doing it so take a conscious decision why also know a lot of young students who come for hospitality courses and succeed because we do also have a very large hospitality industry also driven by our tourism industry so both are equally good but if I had to choose one I would choose cookery.





Follow us for more informative videos here- Facebook / Youtube.

To speak to our experts for free consultation fill up this form- http://ajv.kiwi/ajveverest/enquiry 

or call us on Toll- Free 1800 103 6525 (India)

Comments