Can one continue to work in NZ without PR?

I am in for graduate diploma level 7 MIT as for the rules I'll get a three-year open visa so in those three years if I don't get PR then do I want to go back to India or is there any chance for continuing working here without PR like any work visa?


I think it's a good question I think yesterday I already made a very elaborate 10 or 11 minute video and put it out there explaining what are the different changes that are happening first and foremost most of the international students who are present in New Zealand who graduate after 26th November that is the applicable data that is the 26th of November 2018 is when most of these rule changes are going to occur so if there are students currently in New Zealand studying a 2 year course between level 4 and 6 they are all studying a one-year course from level 7 8 9 10 onwards most of you I think are going to get a three year work visa which i think is phenomenal and so already answer a question of some other students who are here with their spouses and wondering oh but what will happen to my spot once you get the work visa by default these spouse would also be able to get not by default like and then it's guaranteed but the fact is you've already been granted a partnership based work visa so the spouse would also be able to get a partnership based work visa so there's not much of a problem there but coming which is very good is saying yes he's aware already that he is going to get a three years work visa which was brilliant congratulations because when you apply for you we saw the rule was that you were only going to get a one year post study work a work visa but now obviously with the new change in policy you are going to be eligible for a three years post study work visa and your question is after those three years if I am still not able to get the job do I have to go back to India I  the answer pretty much is yes because of here completing a course from a very good institution in New Zealand like MIT which is Monika Institutions of technology and you're studying in a skill shortage area and you have three some work visa with no strings attached no pressure from an employer saying you have to stick with me only so on and so forth you will need to work your way to a position of either getting to a bracket of forty two thousand nine hundred and fifty-two dollars if you are able to reach that forty two thousand nine hundred and fifty two dollars as your salary and if the employer is able to prove that there were no other New Zealanders available for this position then you can apply for something called the essential skills work visa which is normally for another further three years or if you are able to get to a figure of 50 thousand five hundred and twenty three dollars as your salary in these three years then it can very well go straight forward for your resident visa application which is where you can't there is no not a number of years attached to it and you can kind of far go on and stay here reside in New Zealand so that's right I mean in these three years the responsibility is on you the pressure is on you to ensure that you get to one of these salary thresholds either the forty two thousand nine hundred and fifty two dollars threshold to be able to get on essential skills work visa and then further get are now three years of work visa as long as your employer can prove that there were no local residents or citizens available or go up to three thousand five hundred twenty three dollars and just go for straight for the restaurant visa so that's the way it's got to it's going to be working guys so in three years if you are still not able to reach that point maybe you need to look at yourself and kind of saying  what is this about mine I took your knowledge of skills that's not helping me to get to that point so it's going to be a challenge it will not be an easy straightforward journey to forty two thousand nine fifty two or fifty thousand  five twenty three but hey look you have three whole years to achieve.


Comments