New Zealand has an extremely high cost of living, lack of jobs and crime is increasing, Is this true?


Interested in studying and settling in New Zealand however one of my friends who was saying that New Zealand has an extremely the high cost of living lack of jobs which have high pay and crime is increasing especially in cities like Auckland please help me out?

Ans. I think your friend is partially correct I will not say he is not totally correct so let me give you the positives very good country very friendly very safe very high in a lot of rankings if you look at the prosperity index of the world I think we are number two after Norway we are very high in Ease of Doing Business we are one of the most peaceful countries you do not see even policemen carrying guns in New Zealand so that's an indication of the kind of safety that's available in New Zealand probably about the high cost of living I 've heard that it is higher in terms of cost of living as compared to some of the other countries but that's because we are so far away from the rest of the world, we are kind of and the South Pacific and so a lot of our goods and services like the t-shirt
I'm wearing now has to be imported into New Zealand so because of that I think the cost of transportation and logistics is high because of which I mean if this t-shirt cost let's say $2-5$ in America it might cost 10$-8$ in New Zealand so that's the weight is then we're also quite limited as a market we are only about four and a half million people in the country so it's not a very large number of goods being sold because of which obviously the people selling stuff also need to make Christmas cost of living I think is definitely higher so yoga friend is right about that lack of jobs I think is wrong I think he was totally wrong about that we have one of the lowest unemployment rates in the OECD nations so I don't think that is correct up we do have plenty of jobs here for our population size and high pay is not very popular but if we can make sixty thousand dollars or fifty thousand dollars in New Zealand and if you're married and if you are making $50,000 and your spouse is also making $50,000 that can be a very comfortable life for a the couple even with one or two children so high pay is possible but even at a medium kind of pay you can need a comfortable life in New Zealand but and when you take away all of the negatives if you look at the positives if you do a balance sheet of New Zealand of the high cost of living the word says something else and something and you start putting the positives on this other side of on the debit and credit side has to say so if there are assets and liabilities if the liabilities are I think I do agree that or job market to market is small and cost of living to be a little so on and so forth crime I think is also unfortunately increasing a little bit but again these are not a very violent crime there is mostly like there is we have those corner shops call dairies so a little bit of the dairy is being attacked because cigarettes have become very expensive in New Zealand so some of this petty little kid who is drunk they just go and then try and steal some so a lot of that is happening but it up you don't hear of massive murders or shootings or those kinds of things in New Zealand and so small crime I think is kind of goofy in going up a little bit but also bear in mind there's a lot of influx of migrants into New Zealand I'm not saying, migrants bringing but bringing this same there are a lot of other new elements that are creeping into New Zealand and that might be disturbing some of the local the population who were living like a secluded life now suddenly feel a bit threatened so they may be hitting out and there could be a lot of reasons for it but overall if you compare the assets versus the liabilities I think the assets far outweigh the liabilities when you consider New Zealand so I think you must have considered New Zealand very seriously.




Comments