New Zealand visa delays 2019

New Zealand visa delays 2019

Ans. I'm going to move into a slightly more serious area which is I think something that needs to be addressed very clearly is that unfortunately over the last few months there has been an incredibly long delay of visas being approved for students as well as spouses as well as children and this has put an tremendous amount of pressure on everybody all along the system let me explain to you why this particular thing has happened because a lot of our clients are we understand your frustration and your writing back doesn't saying oh but we trusted AJV to take care of our application but now it has been sitting there for so many months and my family is suffering and we are suffering and my wife is suffering or the our plans have gone for a toss because of this delay and all that all my you know AJV clients who are still waiting for the visas guys I must implore with you and tell you that this was not a situation that we created in fact this is one of those very strange situations that has become so crazily bad that everybody is talking about it the government is talking about it and the highest levels the media is talking about it in New Zealand just go and type in New Zealand visa delays into Google and you'll get so many different articles which are being published about this particular problem that has cropped up and so many things so what could we do as a company was I said let me go and meet the people in that particular office where this delay is occurring so I actually got myself on a plane a few weeks ago and then along with my senior colleague Mary who is also a licensed advisor we actually went to India and we booked an appointment with the head of the immigration department of the Mumbai branch of immigration New Zealand which is where most of the delays are occurring and so we went and we booked ourselves for an hour long meeting and she was very courteous you know and which were and we were extremely grateful to her for giving us that time and we started off obviously she thought here's just another agent who has come to talk to us but then once we kind of went 10-15 minutes into the conversation I told her that we are all about New Zealand  and that we are all about ensuring that good quality people come into this country and because of the delays that are occurring in this in this particular office was putting a lot of pressure on everybody concerned so and she shared some insights in fact I have the slides that she shared with me if you look at it she is say there was a 42% increase in applications in the Mumbai branch only from India in the last few months and what also happens I simultaneously  these are actually notes from that meeting guys take a look at it that's actually that's official immigrations New Zealand logo there and this is the notes that were given to me by the Mumbai office when I went to meet them because this was getting crazily bad for all of us because our clients have been asking where's my visa where's my visa right so many moms said there's one particular family which is close to break down because of and they're saying how come families are not important how come we cannot be reunited and stuff like that so we went and put forth all our concerns and she said this is something that happened it's such a large level that unfortunately it is taking some time to fix it because two three things happen simultaneously at the same time they changed the policy of the international students where it became easier for international students to get longer work visas in New Zealand so which means that demand for New Zealand is our destination went up very dramatically especially in a  country like India which is where the Mumbai branch is based at the same time immigration New Zealand was doing the reorganization and they were closing down a few offices around the world and they shut on the office not down shut down but they kind of put only a small staff in the Delhi office and you know there's the reason we are fortunate to have some of those ex immigration officers now working with us in AJV because suddenly they were looking for an opportunity outside of the department and we said okay yeah sure if you want to come in to join us come join the party because we are all doing try to achieve the same goal so that's the other thing that happened and so the policy change in the students happened though people started applying distorted shutting down offices so that came down Mumbai office was still trying to recruit people so there were not enough people to you know take care of that and so somebody somewhere could not do this prediction properly and because of this it has become such a gigantic massive problem that everybody's trying to fix it so the head of immigration I met in Mumbai just said they're absolutely on a war putting to get more people recruited and start addressing these things and they're looking at me and it's not even Mumbai branches problem from fault rather I mean no problem but fault because you know they were simply not equipped to see this sudden surge and so many things happening all at the same time so unfortunately it was one of those very crazy situations where you know it is beyond AJV it is beyond your and when we said they look but how about this particular case she told she requested us say please stop sending us emails we are trying to work through this every email you send us saying update on this update on this application is only going to delay the process further so kindly give me your word before you leave that he was not to send us any more emails and that is the situation we are in right now and thankfully in the last few days we've seen certain approvals have been coming through and we are thankful to the Mumbai branch that they are beginning to process this application so it is just simply out of control sometimes I we are now  getting bombarded by so many of our clients asking us this question day non day out saying what happened to my visa what happen to my visa my family is suffering there is a problem I quit my job my health is going down we are like we are like a pilot in a plane carrying a lot of passengers which is all fear of course and then suddenly there is turbulence and you guys are all saying hey look because there's a storm outside the plane there is turbulence and you're all banging on the cockpit door and saying hey you know pilot we are all suffering we are all throwing up so can you stop the shaking of this plane and unfortunately the pilot cannot control the weather outside the plane and so he is trying his best to make sure all of you reach safely we can't do anything dramatic like pushing it and even after we were requested by the head of the Immigration Department of New Zealander in the Mumbai branch folder specifically saying hey look give us a break not send us any more emails so we are being respectful of that thing and if you guys keep on saying send more up please clipping them please ask them you know it's really going to end up in a decline for your case and that is another thing we need to be conscious of whatever we are in this very delicate balance of whether we have to deal with an Government New Zealand and we have to deal with expectations or for clients send both of them and like I said we are practically like that pilot in a claim that is juddering and shuttering but that's because the storm outside which we simply cannot control so I am requesting all my clients to be kindly be patient I understand that this is not easy it is a lot of mental torture I have gone through this mental torture at least twice in my life when I applied for visas to other countries and I know the kind of anguish we can go through especially when young families are separated but guys like I told you there is absolutely nothing in our control at this point all I can request is be patient if we require w you write your own emails from your side directly to the immigration website in fact you become in New Zealand is such an open transparent country you can even send an email directly to the immigration minister of New Zealand saying look this is my family situation but we have been requested by a government department not to keep sending them any more emails because they are trying to work through this file of our back backed up applications and they said every email we send them is only going to slow it down and we need to maintain that relationship with this with this department with this branch and we completely understand it was not that particular branch it was not it was just too many circles it was like the sudden unexpected storm that came in it doesn't which country would like to lose effect the institutions are all livid with rage and they are also kind of you know up in arms saying we lost 35 million dollars or 40 million dollars because of this loss which country would like to lose the revenue like that so that is where the problem is guys so I am asking each and every one of our clients to please be patient understand the situation this is not something that AJV created for you this is just in fact I think we are lucky to have got about five or six so these are approvals over the last five or six days if you go to our Facebook group there are people who've been getting their visas coming and thanking us and saying hey look thank you so much team you know I finally got my visa and stuff so that's the situation guys so all I can request you is kindly be patient if you want us to provide you with the email addresses of people inside Immigration Department we will share that with you, you write directly but we have been requested not to write any emails and we will need to respect that so all I can ask for is your patience and understanding and note that it is so much better to wait a little longer and get a visa instead of trying to push them and in their frustration they just decline your case and then we are just creating and even worse a problem then what is the current problem because the current problem is only a delay but a decline is a terrible problem and that gets really bad so it's for you guys and girls to now balance whether our delays okay or a decline is what you want so okay so kindly bear with those guys and unfortunately like I said I wish I could do anything or something more but the most I could do was get on a plane and go from halfway across the world to meet the head of immigration New Zealand in Mumbai and practically plead our case and say hey look we would really like it and she requested a few things from us and we are respecting that and if required I'll get on a plane and again and go back and win them but from our side we have done everything that we can do so pretty much you know hoping that things will turn around quickly and it is a it is a good department it is a very nice department I work with them for the last 15 years and they have the resilience built into them to understand that there is a crisis and I'm sure even as we speak there are more and more people working in Wellington in different parts of the world trying to address this particular problem so let's give us this little bit of time and in the meantime because it's your personal situation try and deal with it as best as you can guys like I said we adjust the pilot squatting stock we cannot make the plane stopped shuttering right now because we simply can't control the storm outside the plane all right so thanks for your
Understanding sorry about that long speech but I know I am feeling pretty bad as well because you know it's one of those unfortunate things that I actually feel very emotional about the plight of my clients and I think so does a lot of my team and we understand your pain but you know it's just one of those helpless situations where we are simply not able to do anything so okay so yeah but we will continue to keep that gentle pressure and hope and it doesn't mean that you know AJV which only droplets quality or its level of service like I said we have to be respectful full of Government  Department and you as our clients and we are right in the middle of that little thing so we are trying to do it as fast as we can.

Comments