Planning for supply chain level 8 without prior work experience?


I'm planning to go for supply chain level 8 engineering graduate with no job experience so I would like to have your advice on this?

Ans. Why do you want to get into supply chain management if you are coming from an engineering background with no job experience engineers are in a skilled shortage here in New Zealand the respective of you haven't mentioned what branch of engineering you come from but that it's electronics or mechanical or chemical or whatever all kinds of engineers are in the long term skill shortage list of New Zealand then we desperately trying to attract good engineers into our country and you already have an engineering background and you want to drop that and you want to get into supply chain which is a completely new subject for you yes supply chain one particular profession is also there in the long skill shortage let's call the procurement manager but like I said that's more for people who already have certain experience in supply chain management and you’re a fresh engineering graduate jumping into a supply chain course and then hoping to correct I don't know I mean I would be very apprehensive to suggest you to get into so in fact I would say don't do it I would say stick your engineering you're a mechanical engineer continue working with the mechanical.

Comments