Does supply chain management have good scope in New Zealand?


Does supply chain management have good scope in New Zealand?

Ans. I think so and I'm not saying it because I'm in New Zealand advisor I mean if you look at it logically New Zealanders an island nation which is down at the bottom of the earth in the Pacific and there's a lot of shipping and transport and all that that happens because we also don't manufacture a lot of things in New Zealand so practically everything is imported into New Zealand I'm sure this paper that I'm holding in my hand was imported into New Zealand from somewhere or the other so we are heavily reliant on the shipping industry and once the ships come to our different ports there's a lot of land movement of these goods so I think supply and logistics management in New Zealand is a good subject to study and the government has identified that supply chain and logistics is one of our critical areas so they have put one profession from this field called the procurement manager under the long term skill shortage list so goes to prove that the government is also keen to attract good talent into this particular line it's a good choice.




Comments