Proposed visa changes may or may not take effect.


The proposed visa changes if the changes go live after I start my course next March but before I finish my Master's by the end of 29 will it still applied to me specifically the change in the post study visa from one to three years secondly do you have an idea of when the changes might take effect?


Ans : As far as those policy changes are concerned of each shape to show that the Immigration Department is trying to push in this direction and the Education Department is trying to push in this direction because the Immigration Department wants to cut down on the number of international students coming in or whatever the Education Department wants more and more international students because they bring in great revenue to our country and they've created a fantastic industry for us I was sharing the details last time it's a 4.5 billion dollars is the size of the international education and 33,000 jobs it is bigger than twice bigger than the wine and fisheries industry and the target is to take it up to five billion dollars by 2025 so I actually have it pinned on my wall so that I can do a dirty reference so there is a discussion happening I believe some of the changes might come through but we don't know at this point it is still up in the air they asked for consultations from the public even I sent my consultation so let's see the way it goes but I don't think they'll be very dramatic changes and I think again it's not easy for me to sit and predict whether what changes come will affect you or not personally but I think when you look at it from a common-sense point of view I think they will make it applicable for anybody who graduates off of that policy change comes into place if it comes into place so and also if they're coming at our level 8 or above there is nothing to worry about it's only if you're coming at level 7 and for a graduate diploma then these things might have a certain effect on you but like I said we don't know yet at this point I actually made a video it's a thing in my YouTube channel and it's all dedicated only to this proposed policy change please have a look at it but I would suggest you go ahead and start your process anyway.


Comments